2/28/2011

February 28th, 2011

Bennet

"Ms. Kara will you build a fire with me?"
Me "I would love to."
"We need big sticks."
Me "Is it going to be a really big fire?"
"Yes, very big."
Me "What color will it be?"
"Orange."
Me "Will it keep us warm?"
"Yes very warm."
Me "Will it burn me if I get too close?"
"Fires are very hot......but.... Ms.Kara.....this is just pretend....did you not know that?"

Silly me. I guess I got a little too into the fire building for my three year old friend.

Everyone had a wonderful break, but I was very happy to be back playing pretend with all my young friends. I missed their smiles and constant curiosity.

Today is also a very special day here.....20 years ago today my parents purchased the first piece of land that is now known as Serenbe and they started a journey that has forever changed so many lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment