3/03/2011

March 3rd, 2011

Lucy

The fascination with the chicken eggs has begun......and I usually eat a few hard boiled eggs at lunch....

"MS. KARA!!"
Me "Yes, Lucy?"
"Do not eat that egg....there is a chicken in there."
Me "No, its okay. I brought this egg from home. Just like I do almost everyday. It is hard boiled."
"You are gonna eat a baby chick?"
Me "No. This egg will not make a baby chicken."

Next comes a ten min long conversation explaining chicken eggs and how some are fertilized (have baby chickens in them) and some are not and you eat those....scrambled, sunny side up, etc. Stories are told, questions are asked and everyone seems to understand. Then two more min go by and I go to take a bite of my egg....

Lucy and Odelia (while giggling) "Ms. Kara, Ms.Kara you are eating a baby chicken."
followed by lots of giggles.

That might be the end of me eating hard boiled eggs for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment