1/06/2011

January 6th 2011

My very first post!
I became a preschool teacher in August 2010 and I have loved absolutely every minute of it. Each and every day one of the kids says something that makes me laugh and I love telling people what they said. So I finally decided to start a blog! I am not much of a writer so each post will consist simply of one hilarious conversation, comment, or statement I heard that day.
At the moment there are 15 kids in our class and I will make up names for each of them unless I get permission from a parent to use their real name. There are a handful of kids who are the main talkers so you might see the same five names on a regular basis. But be sure to watch for the names you do not see that often. Sometimes those are the best.
In honor of the first post I will write my current top three favorite conversations. From here on out there will be one per day.

Jacob
"Ms. Kara, your socks are very soft."
Me "Thank you but these are tights."
(brief pause followed by Jacob bending over and looking all the way up my dress and then popping right back up) "WOW, they go all the way to the top."
Me holding back my laughter "Yes, Jacob they sure do."

Odelia
"Ms. Kara I do not ever want to get married because I do not want my belly to be cut open."
Me "Yes Odelia sometimes when you have a baby your belly gets cut open but you can get married and not have a baby."
"Well I still do not want to ever get married."
Me "Why?"
"Because I want to be a princess forever."

Napoleon 
"Ms. Kara do you know what happens if you try new foods?"
Me "What happens?"
"You get a new movie."

Oh what will they say today......

5 comments:

  1. 1. i too love how soft your tights are and that they go all the way up.(my favorite one).
    2. i love your pseudonyms for the kids.
    3. i almost fell off my chair (which is currently a toilet, sorry) when i saw the upper right corner! you are crazy, chick. and i didnt know i was your first!
    4.love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can guess who said what!!!! Hilarious. Can't wait to read tomorrow's entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Love that my little monster made it on your first blog. Can't wait to see what else is in store.

    ReplyDelete